Print Email

Reporting and removing

EPA relies on the community to report incidents of pollution, environmental hazard or other activities potentially harmful to the environment. If you see asbestos dumped in an area not licensed to receive asbestos it will need to be reported via the EPAs 24-hour pollution hotline on 1300 EPA VIC (1300 372 842) or online (

If you have asbestos on your property, EPA recommends you consult a professional removalist who is licensed by VWA. VWA keeps a list of licensed asbestos removalists or you can find them in the Yellow Pages.

A list of permitted transporters that can transport asbestos can be found in the Prescribed industrial waste database by selecting N220 Asbestos as the waste type, or contacting EPA on 1300 EPA VIC (1300 132 842). Further information on the transporting and disposal of asbestos is available in section 6.1 of EPA’s Industrial waste resource guidelines