Find a licensed removalist
If you are looking for a licensed Asbestos Removalist you can use the Licensed Asbestos Removalist provider directory to locate a removalist in your area.
There are two types of licensed Asbestos Removalists:
- Class A and;
- Class B licence-holders
Class B licence-holders are only permitted to remove non-friable asbestos and must comply with a number of requirements, including:
- appointing a nominated supervisor to oversee the removal work
- developing a control plan before the job
- informing employers in the immediate and adjacent areas of proposed domestic removal work
- using specific methods for removal, waste containment and waste disposal
- using signs and barricades
- providing decontamination facilities
- providing employees with information, training, personal protective clothing and equipment, and medical examinations
Only Class A licence-holders are permitted to remove both friable and non-friable asbestos.
Class A licence-holders must comply with the same requirements outlined above for Class B licence holders, but must also implement a range of specific measures to carry out the work safely and control the risk, including using enclosures and always having the nominated supervisor on site. These are detailed in the OHS Regulations.